Sunday, April 1, 2012

Giving the blog another go

After a 3 year absence Fionn is back. I'll try to last longer than a month this time before getting distracted. I've yet to define a real purpose for this blog - is it a reflective personal journal for my political ramblings or a resource for those interested in radical political and creating a better world than the current 1984-like one we inhabit? Fuck knows. Maybe a mixture of both, or something more frivolous. I'm hoping with a bit of patience it'll evolve into something more coherent anyway.

It was created at a time when the deadening impact of unemployment was taking its toll - aimlessness had me in its grasp. Years of drifting across Ireland, Scotland and Spain interspersed by periods of fortnightly visits to the dole office finally pushed me over the edge and into the more tangible life of full-time work, where I'm kept busy but stressed. All the more stressed for having moved to London. I don't yearn for the dole again but having been in the big smoke for over a year, it's time I left and returned to the less materialistic life of a drifter.

1 comment: